Wednesday 18 January 2012

TV Review: 2 Broke Girls - "And the Upstairs Neighbour"


Season 1 - Episode 14
CBS (US)

Hmmm, ok. Not sure about this one to be honest. The girls's new neighbour is Jennifer Coolidge pretending to be Polish, and a series of misunderstandings lead them rather predictably to believe that she's a prostitute. 

Of course she's not, and they manage to offend her. BUt make it up to her by giving her some cupcakes (which we now know are from ready mix) and the next thing we know, she's offering them both a job at her cleaning firm so they can amke enough money to fulfil their dreams (which are bloody bullshit because Max can't actually bake!)

And that's about it. There were some laughs, Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs are still great, but most of this episode was absed around Coolidge with a silly accent. Not great.

** 1/2

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen one episode of 2 Broke Girl but I was told from a DISH co-worker of mine that it was a really good show. I like Beth Behr’s so I know I will like the show because of her but I am going to have to check more of it to understand what your review is talking about. I'm sure that if I go to DISHonline.com I can find all the episodes there. Even, if I have to log in as a DISH customer. Cross your fingers that I like it!!

    ReplyDelete